Hola Foodcrafties! We wanted to share this super easy tortilla recipe for our vegan keto friends out there!
We know that you are dreaming for a low-carb wrap to replace the traditional high carb version. This recipe is the answer to your prayer!
Once you have the keto wrap ready, the filling is easy! Enjoy these bendy, wrap-able and soft tortillas :)
Enjoy this super easy and fun recipe!
Vegan Keto Tortilla Wraps Recipe
(Will make about 10 x 20cm diameter wraps )
Tools that might be useful to make this recipe
A middle mixing bowl that is about 20cm diameter
A sturdy spatula
- If possible, make the flax meal fresh from the flax seeds. That will be the best for health, as flax seeds oxdize once you make it into powder. You can wizz up flax meal in a vitamix in 1 minute!
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flaxseed meal, almond flour, psyllium husks and salt) and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil to boiling water then mix into the dry ingredients. It will become very sticky. Keep mixing till the dough is well mixed with no lumps. The dough should cool off while mixing but if it is too hot to handle, let it cool off for a few more minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- To shape the tortilla, take about 1/4 cup full of dough and make them into balls.
- It will be easy to roll each ball out between 2 sheets of parchment paper or a non-stick baking sheet to about 2mm thin. Then, use a bowl as a cutter to cut it out into a tortilla shape.
- Remove the top sheet then place the bottom sheet of parchment paper with the tortilla on it onto a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip the wrap over and bake the other side for another 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness. Do not use the fan while baking. Take the tortilla out of the oven while it is still bendable!
- Once cooked, start stacking them onto a plate so that they do not dry out and serve!
- You can eat this immediately or keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use later. Perfect for making lunch boxes too.