If you are new to pickling, this is the perfect tool in the kitchen if you want to start pickling your own vegetables. You don't even need to take them out of the pot - you can just bring this out to the table to serve! It's also very easy to clean.
How to Use:
Here's a recipe taken from Uncle Jerry's Kitchen to inspire your own pickling adventure :)
We used this to make Red Lentil Tempeh with Pine Nuts too.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 or 2 dried chili peppers, left whole (Or 1 pepper chopped finely)
- 2-inch piece kombu, rinsed
- Slice cucumbers into thin rounds. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Gently toss cucumbers and salt together, massaging salt into the surface until well coated. Add sesame seeds and toss again until combined.
- Arrange cucumbers so they are mostly flat. Place kombu and peppers over the top.
- Using the glass pickling press, place the lid on and tighten until the cucumbers are gently pressed tot the bottom.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or better, overnight.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
HOME DELIVERY VS STORE PICK UP
Shipments over $700HKD is free of charge.
Any orders that do not meet the minimum will be 100HKD for home delivery.
'Pick-up' option is not displayed online. You can contact our Customer Service for possible arrangements.
Please send us a WhatsApp with your order number on +852 5539 0014 to let us know if you would like to collect your order from our store.
*Please make sure you order your items in advance (especially fresh kitchen products such as breads, yogurts, kefir, etc.) for our Team to ensure production. Fresh kitchen items are not available in-store, we bake-to-order and produce them fresh in the morning on delivery to ensure quality!
**Any orders that do not meet the minimum threshold will be charged 100HKD for door to door delivery**
As you are checking out, please select your date of delivery. If you do not select a delivery date (and automatically checkout through the systems) we will assume you want your products delivered as soon as possible and the earliest delivery route will be assigned to your order. As our products are baked fresh in the mornings, deliveries all take place in the afternoon.