Hojicha Tea (Loose Leaf Tea) - 50g
Hojicha is a Japanese green tea originated from Kyoto, Japan. Unlike other traditional green teas, hojicha is first steamed and then roasted. This process will remove some of the bitterness and give a more earthy aroma to your drink. It also slightly changes the colour to a dark green-brownish appearance.
The rich and natural sweet flavor of hojicha is most apparent after it has cooled down from high temperatures. The best part is that it is very low in caffeine and can be drank anytime of the day. It makes the perfect alternative to coffee if you want to have a drink in the afternoon/evening.
Benefits of Hojicha
- Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E which are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system
- High in antioxidants mainly Vitamin E and Epigallocatechin which helps lower risk of cancer by fighting hazardous free radicals
- Relieves stress- L-Theanine, along with Vitamin C in hojicha decreases the levels of cortisol produced as part of the body’s stress response
- Reduces cholesterol
- Keeps skin healthy and clear
How to Use
- You can mix it hot water and add some almond milk or mylk of choice to make a delicious hojicha latte
- It can also be blended into your smoothies
- Also delicious just mixed in water: 2~3% of powder to water ratio. So for 250ml of liquid, then 6-7g of powder is suitable.
100% Hojicha Tea Leaves
Product of Japan