Sourdough Baking - Level 0 (Gluten-Free)
What is Sourdough Bread?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients, ie flour + water + salt and time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make a gluten free sourdough bread step by step and the techniques required. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted sourdough bread and an extra dough to practice your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, rounding, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
What will you learn?
- How to make a gluten free sourdough bread – hands on
- How to refresh and feed your gluten free sourdough starter
- Understand how to handle gluten free flours to successfully bake a gluten free loaf.
What will you take home?
- Your first gluten free sourdough bread
- A jar of gluten free sourdough mother starter
- The essential knowledge you need to bake your own homemade artisan gluten free sourdough bread.
- A dough to practice to bake at home
What to bring?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
We will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation request is 7 days prior to the start time of the class. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 7 days prior to the class for any refund to be made back to your account.
Length of class: 2 hours
Room A, 21/F, Yiuga Factory Building, No.62 Victoria Road, Hong Kong
We Also Recommend