Kombucha is very easy to brew at home - just follow a few simple steps starting with getting a S.C.O.B.Y (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast) to begin the fermentation process. It provides the living home for the bacteria and yeast that transform sweet tea into tangy, fizzy kombucha!
HOW TO CONSUME/USE:
- This kit includes a step by step instructions of how to brew your Kombucha with this kit - no need for additional ingredients!
- Start with 4oz a day in the morning to see how your body reacts as fermented foods can upset some people's digestive systems
- Once your body adapts, you can try drinking a full 8oz serving every day (in the morning with an empty stomach to best flourish your gut with healthy bacteria!)
BENEFITS OF KOMBUCHA
Anti-oxidant rich, probiotic beverage that helps to detoxify your body and protect against disease
Its anti-inflammatory properties can decrease the risk for certain cancers and candida overgrowth
Supports a healthy gut and improves digestion because of its high levels of beneficial acid, probiotics, amino acids and enzymes
Effective for boosting the immune system, heart, lung and liver health, and improving energy levels
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
Is this a gift?
Let us wrap this up and deliver it for you!
Choose the 'gift set' and we will add the basket, wrapping, plus a personal message to attache to your gift.
Are you scared to brew?
Join our Kombucha Class! You will get a Starter Kit at the class too.
HOW TO BREW YOUR KOMBUCHA
For your first brew, please follow these steps.
- Sterilize all your tools including the jars and bottles in the kit. You can use hot water (do NOT use boiling water as it might break your glass jars) or use vinegar to sterlize too. Please keep the hot water in the tools for 10 minutes and toss the water and let them dry naturally. As for the utensils and lids, you can boil them in a pot for 5 minutes and let them dry off.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of the Organic Premium Assam Tea and brew the tea in 3.5L of water for 10 minutes in a pot. The tea should be very strong.
- Once the tea is ready, drain the leaves in a sieve and pour it into the large glass jar with the one cup of sugar. This should make a sweet tea.
- Let the sugary tea cool off in the jar for about 1-2 hours. The tea should be about 30-37°C depending on the room temperature. If still hot please cool the tea further more. The ideal temperature should be 'lukewarm'.
- 5Open the kombucha SCOBY into the large jar with the liquid and cover the jar with a paper towel and place a rubber band around the paper towel.
- Let the kombucha brew in a dark place in your room. Please avoid direct sunlight and places that the temperature will change such as near the oven or AC.
- After 7-10 days, your kombucha SCOBY should have sunken to the bottom of the jar and formed a daughter SCOBY floating at the surface of the tea. Your kombucha should be ready to taste. If you are happy with the flavor, go ahead to bottle the kombucha in a bottle and flavor it with fruits, herbs and spices. If the kombucha is too sweet let it ferment for another day or more.The longer you ferment the tarter it will become.
- The fermentation that happens in the bottle is called the second fermentation and this is where the drink becomes fizzy. (If the kombucha is tart, it will be harder to make this fizzy and you might have to add extra fruit juice or sugar to the bottle.)
- Let the bottle ferment in room temperature with the lid tightly closed for 5-7 days. When you open the bottle be careful as the kombucha might burst out.
- If you are happy with the flavor, cool the kombucha in the refrigerator and enjoy it cold! You can store your kombucha in the refrigerator for 3-6 months.
*If you find any molds, or not sure about the quality of your brew PLEASE DO NOT CONSUME. Drinking contaminated kombucha is toxic and harmful!
For any questions, feel free to contact us :)
HOME DELIVERY VS STORE PICK UP
Shipments over $700HKD is free of charge.
Any orders that do not meet the minimum will be 100HKD for home delivery.
'Pick-up' option is not displayed online. You can contact our Customer Service for possible arrangements.
Please send us a WhatsApp with your order number on +852 5539 0014 to let us know if you would like to collect your order from our store.
*Please make sure you order your items in advance (especially fresh kitchen products such as breads, yogurts, kefir, etc.) for our Team to ensure production. Fresh kitchen items are not available in-store, we bake-to-order and produce them fresh in the morning on delivery to ensure quality!
**Any orders that do not meet the minimum threshold will be charged 100HKD for door to door delivery**
As you are checking out, please select your date of delivery. If you do not select a delivery date (and automatically checkout through the systems) we will assume you want your products delivered as soon as possible and the earliest delivery route will be assigned to your order. As our products are baked fresh in the mornings, deliveries all take place in the afternoon.