Homemade Salsa Di Peperoni - 340g
Homemade SALSA DI PEPERONI
The Real Italian Mamma’s Tomato Sauce
This is a simple and light Italian beauty. It is the foundation of many Italian pastas’ recipes, but it also forms the basis of endless other recipes, so every cook should have this homemade tomato sauce at home.
It has been specially developed by our Foodcraft Team, with the help of an Italian foodie, to strictly follow the traditional Italian way. Starting from real Italian tomatoes the flavor has been enriched by the classic "soffritto" base. This is a vegetable mixture of onions, carrots and celery, which gives the sauce that typical “della Mamma” taste.
We think you’ll find this sauce delicious, smooth, and totally addictive.
It is flavorsome and gently sweet, still preserving the natural fragrance of the tomatoes. Top-quality, fresh organic ingredients guarantee its genuine taste.
Low Saturated Fat
Free of Added Alcohol
This sauce uses only 12 ingredients
Tomatoes, Red Bell Peppers, Yellow Bell Peppers, Celery, Onions, Carrots, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Basil, Coconut Sugar*, Himalayan Crystal Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper* (*Organic)
How to use the Sauce
This is a ready-to-use sauce, just warm it up on a pan and add some fresh extra virgin olive oil if you wish.
With the Pasta (the Italian way):
- Before you drain the water, scoop out a cup. You will use this starchy water in your final process as it will work wonders to bind the sauce and pasta together.
- While boiling, taste the pasta and just a couple of minutes before being perfectly “al dente” drain the pasta.
- Put the drained pasta back into the pot with sauce (or into the saucepan if the sauce is still cooking and the pan is large enough).
- Do the final cook at low heat, add the pasta water as much as needed, stir and toss to evenly coat.
- Keep the pasta “al dente” and serve hot.
With Pizza: Use it as a sauce on your Gluten-Free pizza crusts
With Vegan meatballs: Smother it on some vegan meatballs.
|Typical values||g per 100g|
|of which saturates:||0.4|
|of which sugars:||2.9|