Our Ayurvedic dry-brushing Garshana Dry Body Brush not only feels great but also helps the body rid itself of cellular waste. Garshana directly translates to “friction by rubbing” in Sanskrit, so we thought the name was totally fitting. Give yourself a rubdown to experience the combination of a healing massage and thorough exfoliation.
Do you suffer from fatigue, sluggishness, experience physical or mental dullness, constipation, or a taxed immune system? Some visible signs can be your legs and arms can get puffy, and you may find blemishes on the top of your arms and cellulite on your legs as a result.
Dry brushing with our bamboo and sisal brush, will help energise the body, increase circulation and blood flow, and stimulate drainage and detoxification from the lymphatic system to smooth skin's surface.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and also the largest organ of elimination so it makes total sense to utilise it as part of our detoxification process. Removing toxins through the skin helps reduce them having to pass through vital inner organs e.g. The Kidneys. (Almost a third of your bodies waste’s can be eliminated through the skin). This gets slower as we get older and dead skin cells build up leaving our skin looking sluggish, dull and rough.
Did you know your skin replaces itself every 35 days so that’s almost a new you every month! Imagine the build-up if you don’t remove these dead cells! Regular use of our Garshana Dry Body Brush will assist this process and leave your skin soft and smooth.
The ideal time to dry brush is in the morning before you shower, so that you can rinse off the impurities loosened by the massage.
Dry skin body brushing needn’t take long, 5 minutes 2-3 times per week is all that is required. The pressure should be a light yet firm brush upwards towards the heart (downwards from the shoulders). Starting at the feet sweep the brush upward followed by a sweep with your other hand (be gentle at first until your skin gets used to it) work the abdomen in circular clockwise movements and then do the arms, shoulders and back (do not use on the face). You may notice the odd blemish occurring due to the elimination process at the beginning. After your shower do not completely towel dry but allow the moisture to be retained on the skin and seal it with Black Chicken Remedies Love Your Body Oil, packed full of nutrients that treat your soul and pamper your senses.
Dedicate at least three to five minutes to brushing.
Follow these steps to perform the Garshana traditional Ayurvedic dry massage:
- Massage your entire body, excluding your face, chest, and heart. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken or inflamed.
- Use circular strokes on the stomach and joints (shoulders, elbows, knees, wrists, hips, and ankles), and long sweeping strokes on the arms and legs.
- Apply light pressure where the skin is thin, such as the underarms, and harder pressure where the skin is thicker, such as the soles of the feet.
- The direction of the stroke should always be toward your heart as this helps drain lymph back to your heart. Massage from your feet upward, continuing up to your torso and on to your neck. Also massage from the hands to the shoulders. Continue for at least five minutes.
- Complete your Garshana with a shower.
- To enhance the release of toxins, end with a few cycles of hot then cold water. First turn the water to as hot as you can take it for several seconds, then to as cold as you can tolerate, then back to hot, and so on. This will stimulate the blood circulation and further invigorate the skin.
Do not use the Garshana if:
- Have any open wounds
- Your skin is extremely sensitive
- Have a sunburn
- Have inflamed skin
- Have a skin condition like psoriasis or eczema
Love Your Body Oil - 15ml
Our award winning nourishing, blend of natural oils and pure essential oils contains ingredients that will not only nourish and soothe your skin in a visible way but aid deeper cell regeneration and repair.
- Intensely hydrating, nutrient rich oil helps with skin damage, scarring, skin tone and dehydration
- Tones skin and improves elasticity
- Easily and deeply absorbed
- Natural oils penetrate and work with skin cells to deeply moisturise, balance sebum production and stimulate red blood cells
Your skin absorbs all your products on a deeper than surface level. This is bad news for most conventional beauty brands whose creams and lotions are packed with chemicals and toxins that are on their way to your bloodstream as we speak.
Our Love Your Body Oil is the original product which began Black Chicken Remedies and it’s designed to take advantage of your skins porous nature to do good! Whilst this nutrient rich formula is intensely hydrating and helps improve skin tone, mild scarring and elasticity, we’ve also chosen essential oils that not only smell divine but have properties to penetrate the skin and stimulate red bloods cells relieving tension, anxiety and even rheumatic pain.
Avocado Oil – Contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E, and Beta carotene. It soothes and moisturises dry, mature, and climate damaged skin.
Rosehip Oil – Is extremely high in essential fatty acids. It helps reduce wrinkles and is known for tissue regeneration in treating burns, scars and stretch marks.
Hazelnut Oil – Well known for its astringent qualities, it’s deeply penetrating and stimulating to the circulatory system and it helps to tone and tighten the skin.
Sandalwood Essential Oil – Has a calming, harmonizing effect helping reduce tension and anxiousness. It’s a great remedy for stress, depression and fear. It’s also excellent for dehydrated skin and relieves itching and inflammation.
Geranium Bourbon Essential Oil – Is great for keeping skin supple and balancing the production of sebum – the fatty secretion in sebaceous glands.
Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Vitamin E), Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Oil, Santalum Spicata (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Bourbon) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrto) Seed Oil, Farnesol**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Geraniol**, Linalool**, Limonene**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Benzyl Salicylate**, Eugenol**, Isoeugenol**, Coumarin**, Benzyl Alcohol**
Naturally occurring in essential oils**