Coconut Syrup - 250ml Bottle
Handmade from freshly harvested coconut blossom nectar, Niulife Coconut Syrup is nutritionally superior to Agave, Corn and Maple Syrup. It has a warm toffee flavour which is delicious on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream, in smoothies and hot drinks or as a glaze on veg and meat dishes.
Evergreen perennial coconut palms, the Tree of Life, produce on average more sugar per hectare than sugar cane while using less nutrient for production - hence its reputation as the world's most sustainable sweetener.
Coconut nectar syrup is:
- 100% Certified Organic and fairly tradedFOODCRAFTniu
- Low GI (39) - so won't spike your blood sugar
- Made with only pure coconut nectar - no cane sugar and no fillers
- Packed with Vitamins, Minerals & Amino Acids
- High levels of Inositol - the "feel good" Vitamin B8 - fights the moody blues and helps maintain a positive frame of mind
- High levels of electrolytes for post-workout muscle recovery
- Sustainably harvested by family farmers
Coconut Syrup uses
- Nutritionally superior to Agave, Corn and Maple Syrup
- Use on pancakes, waffles, desserts and ice cream
- Natural sweetener for fruit shakes and smoothies
Nectar tapped from the coconut blossom is naturally sweet, low glycaemic, nutrient-rich, contains 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, and has a nearly neutral PH. Niulife Coconut Syrup is Certified Organic, Sustainably harvested and fairly traded.
Making evaporated coconut nectar
Farmers climb the coconut palms and harvest the blossom nectar by gently slicing the flower bud, attaching a cup and returning every few hours to collecting the dripping nectar. Once harvested the nectar is transferred into kettles where the evaporation process lowers the moisture content of the nectar until it becomes a thick syrup with a brix count of 75 to 81. Six litres of nectar must be reduced to make one litre of syrup. To make sugar, the evaporation process is continued until crystals form and eventually become granules.
Ingredients: Evaporated Coconut Blossom Nectar
Product of the Philippines - Packed in Australia.
We Also Recommend