Low Carb Shirataki Konjac Noodles (蒟蒻) - 200g
See this product used in one of our recipes:
Shirataki noodles is a very common Japanese food and is very unique because it is very filling yet low in calories.
These noodles are high in glucomannan, a type of fiber that is said to have health benefits.
This is what a Konjac plant looks like.
W. Fitch (d. 1892) - Curtis's Botanical Magazine v.101 [ser.3:v.31] (1875), https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10946409
HOW TO CONSUME/USE:
- Open the package and remove the water. Rinse well and used as a noodle replacement.
- Shirataki noodles can be boiled, stir-fried or served cold too. It will not get soft over time so it is suitable for meals you make ahead and serve later like lunch boxes too.
- Use this in your noodle recipes. It goes better with Asian dishes but it can also be used as a spaghetti replacement. (Just don't be disappointed as it will not be exactly the same as spaghetti!)
- Store in room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight.
A suitable noodle replacement for people on Keto diet or low Carb diets.
- Low calories (7 kcal / 100g)
Shirataki noodles can help you feel full with less calories. Their viscous fiber delays stomach emptying, so you stay full longer and end up eating less.
Use as a noodle replacement in soup noodle recipes or stir-fried noodle recipes.
(serving size 100g)
Protein: 0.1 g
Fats: 0.1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Carb: 2.8g
Sodium: 10 mg