Misozuke Carrots with Chickpea Miso
What is Misozuke?
Misozuke is a traditional Japanese way of making Tsukemono (pickles) with miso. It is a simple yet flavorful fermentation bringing out the umami of both miso and the vegetables.
We have made our version of this pickle with less salt and more sourness without using vinegar but by activating the lacto-fermentation.
Why this pickle is special:
- Its living and packed with vegan lactic acid benefits. Please make sure you keep this in the refrigerator. We have not stopped the living cultures doing its job so this pickle can further ferment even in the fridge.
- The sourness is from the lacto-fermentation and not from vinegar.
- No preservatives, coloring and no additives.
- We used our soy-free miso to activate the fermentation.
- Gluten-free, white sugar free and vegan.
How to Eat it:
- Enjoy it as a side dish or as an appetizer as the sourness helps to open up the appetite and it's also a great way to get the healthy probiotics in first!
- Mix it into your salad for some nice flavours and crunch
- Served as a condiment to your favourite sandwiches and hot dogs
- A nice delicious addition to your rice and noodles
***Foodcraft is on a greener mission and have now added a "No Cooler Bag Option" for those who want to join us in the efforts to help save our planet! Please click here if you do not want your products to be delivered in cooler bags.***
Ingredients: Organic Carrots, Filtered water, Organic Chickpea Miso (Organic Chickpeas, Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Koji, Himalayan Crystal Salt), Organic Celery Seeds, Naturally occurring lactobacilli/yeastWant to make this at home?
Soy Free Miso & Amazake Class.
We Also Recommend