Nielsen Massey Extracts Rose Water (118ml)
Our sweet and fragrant Rose Water is an elegant steam distillate of the purest rose petals. Its delicate floral notes are perfect in Middle Eastern, Indian and Greek cuisine. Only a few drops are needed to make a luxurious addition to jams, drinks, pastries and even savory dishes.
This sweet-scented water pairs well with fruits such as strawberries, dark and white chocolate and, of course, vanilla. Try Rose Water in fruit compotes, French Macarons or even panna cotta.
A bottle of rose water is the perfect addition to any at-home bar. Pairing well with everything from rum and bourbon to aperol and mezcal, rose water has a wide range of uses in cocktails. A splash of rose water can even be added to hot tea for a soothing beverage any time of day.
- Sweet ideas: Baklava, rice puddings, cookies, French pastry glazes and creams
- Savory ideas: Rice, chicken, stews, vegetable slaws, citrus salads, dressings
- Beverage ideas: Sparkling waters, milk, tea, sangrias, mojitos, smoothies
- Other ideas: Aromatherapy (add a teaspoon to two cups of water and simmer), perfume
- Chef’s notes: The sweet-scented water has an affinity for vanilla, dark and white chocolate, rice and even mild cheeses, such as cream cheese or Brie. It blends nicely with fruits like strawberry, raspberry, lychee and mango.
Since ancient times, cooks have been flavoring food with rose water, valuing the ingredient for its fragrant quality and distinctive flavor. Rose water shows up in many ancient Middle Eastern recipes, and it has long been used as a substitute for wine in recipes.
Throughout its history, rose water has carried a reputation as a luxury ingredient, exemplified by the fact that Roman emperors once swam in pools of it. For centuries, European bakers used it to flavor madeleines and cakes. And, in the 17th century, rose water was rare enough and valuable enough that it could be used as legal tender.
Propylene Glycol, Alcohol (40%), Rose Oil, Natural Flavors
- Kosher Certified
- Gluten-Free Certified
- Non-GMO Project Verified