Packed full of Pepe Saya’s cultured butter flavour, with a higher smoke point - it’s an absolute game changer in your cooking.
Once people start using it, there’s generally no turning back.
WHAT IS IT?
Ghee is clarified butter or as we call it ‘the oil of milk’. We simmer our cultured butter until the milk solids separate and then caramelise it over a low heat. The liquid gold which remains is passed through a muslin cloth to remove any impurities before it’s bottled as ghee.
We discovered ghee as our factory workers were taking the butter home and making their own for their Nepalese and Indian cooking. They said they didn’t like the ghee they could buy as it didn’t taste as good as what they could make with our butter. So we started making it for them. It has some great health benefits and is favoured in Ayurveda.
PEPE'S 5 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT GHEE
1. The flavour of our ghee has a lovely nutty quality, the result of using Pepe Saya unsalted cultured butter.
2. It has a smoke point of 230˚C, higher than coconut oil, olive oil and butter, making it a great choice for frying or sautéing. It also means it doesn’t burn like butter when cooking or roasting.
3. Ghee is a favourite of those with intolerances to lactose or casein (the main protein found in milk) as it contains less than 1% of either of those potentially inflammatory substances.
4. It can be stored without refrigeration for long periods of time because it’s shelf stable as there is no protein to make it spoil.
5. Pepe Saya ghee is cultured, which makes it quite unique. The milk of grass fed cows is made into crème fraiche before we add good bacteria and ferment for 24 hours. It then ages for 1 month before it’s churned, washed, kneaded and salted, then finally simmered and caramelised over low heat.
HOME DELIVERY VS STORE PICK UP
Shipments over $700HKD is free of charge.
Any orders that do not meet the minimum will be 100HKD for home delivery.
'Pick-up' option is not displayed online. You can contact our Customer Service for possible arrangements.
Please send us a WhatsApp with your order number on +852 5539 0014 to let us know if you would like to collect your order from our store.
*Please make sure you order your items in advance (especially fresh kitchen products such as breads, yogurts, kefir, etc.) for our Team to ensure production. Fresh kitchen items are not available in-store, we bake-to-order and produce them fresh in the morning on delivery to ensure quality!
**Any orders that do not meet the minimum threshold will be charged 100HKD for door to door delivery**
As you are checking out, please select your date of delivery. If you do not select a delivery date (and automatically checkout through the systems) we will assume you want your products delivered as soon as possible and the earliest delivery route will be assigned to your order. As our products are baked fresh in the mornings, deliveries all take place in the afternoon.