Sourdough Baking - Level 0 (Gluten-Free)
What is Sourdough Bread?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients, ie flour + water + salt and time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make a gluten free sourdough bread step by step and the techniques required. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted sourdough bread and an extra dough to practice your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, rounding, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
What will you learn?
- How to make a gluten free sourdough bread – hands on
- How to refresh and feed your gluten free sourdough starter
- Understand how to handle gluten free flours to successfully bake a gluten free loaf.
What will you take home?
- Your first gluten free sourdough bread
- A jar of gluten free sourdough mother starter
- The essential knowledge you need to bake your own homemade artisan gluten free sourdough bread.
- A dough to practice to bake at home
What to bring?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
We will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation request is 24 hours prior to the start time of the class. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 24 hours prior to the class for any refund to be made back to your account.
Length of class: 2 hours
Room A, 21/F, Yiuga Factory Building, No.62 Victoria Road, Hong Kong
We Also Recommend