Water Kefir Fermented Sourdough Bread - 1lb
What is Kefir Fermented Sourdough Bread?
This unique sourdough bread is made with organic flour, filtered water, Himalayan crystal salt and organic water kefir grains! We do not use any commercial yeast or sourdough starter to ferment this particular bread. The water kefir grains do the magic of fermenting the dough and it creates a soft spongy dough in about 7 to 8 hours of fermenting.
This loaf is not sour and has a rather yeasty flavor.
Just like the sourdough breads, naturally fermented breads are kinder to the human digestive system.
- It's infused with water kefir grains, which makes the bread super soft and also full of probiotics for gut health!
- The name is "Sourdough" but actually, the taste is not sour unlike traditional sourdough breads
- Sourdough bread is easier to digest for those who don't process traditional wheat bread well
- The flavor and texture is more enjoyable than that of a commercially baked sourdough - this is truly a full-flavoured bread
- Mindblowing deliciousness of the olives and thyme added to this recipe takes the traditional sourdough bread to a whole new level
- We promise you won't need to add anything to it - it's that tasty!
Due to the long fermentation time, the macro nutrients in the bread (carbohydrates and protein) are broken down into smaller particles, which are easier to imbibe into our systems. Some research even shows that the gluten (protein) is not as stimulating to the system when the bread is fermented for a long time- meaning those with gluten intolerances may find they can consume natural sourdough bread without experiencing discomfort.
How to eat it:
If freshly baked, enjoy it as is. Sourdough bread can last a long time without any preservatives due to the natural occurring acids in the bread. However, to enjoy the best texture, we recommend to slice and freeze if you are not going to consume it within 2 days from delivery. By toasting the frozen slice, you can enjoy it as if it were (almost) freshly baked!
Ingredients: Organic wheat flour, filtered water, organic water kefir grains, Himalayan crystal salt, naturally occuring lactobacilli/yeast.
*This product was produced in a kitchen where wheat is also handled. If you have any concerns about food allergies, please contact us at email@example.com before purchasing or consuming this product.*
One of the best sourdough bread I can buy in HK