Lobster and Tomato Sauce Cauliflower Rice (Pescatarian, Keto, Dairy-fee)
Shall we take our cauliflower rice to the next level? Are you ready for this?
The best thing about this cauliflower rice is that it's neutral, so that you can match it with almost everything. (Just like rice!)
If you can get high quality produce, you can make an amazing dish with cauliflower rice.
We got our lobsters from Seafood Society, where they have this frozen lobster that is so close to fresh lobster when defrosted. It's a hassle free way to create your own "fresh lobster".
Also the beautiful tomatoes we will be using are called Piennolo tomatoes from Italy. They are an absolute flavour powerhouse. It reminds you of tomatoes actually being a fruit.
To keep the recipe dairy-free, we will be using cacao butter as a butter replacement which is amazing in savoury cooking.
When you have beautiful ingredients on hand, cooking is extremely easy as you don't have to do much to "fix" the flavour. It will just naturally taste fresh and delicious.
This dish can be prepared in 20 minutes and you will definitely impress yourself.
Lobster and Tomato Sauce Cauliflower Rice
1 pack, Frozen Half Canadian Lobster
1 pack, Frozen Canadian Lobster Tail & Claws
1 clove, Garlic, chopped
2 Bay Leaves
1 small onion, minced
500g, Piennolo Tomatoes
4 stalks, Broccolini
1 tsp., natural salt
15g, Cacao Butter
300g, Cauliflower Rice (1 pack)
1 Tbsp., Mixed Herbs
1 stalk, Italian Parsley, minced
- Heat the frying pan and melt the cacao butter. Sautee the garlic, onion and bay leaf.
- When the onions become translucent, add the defrosted lobster. I like to use half with the shell for more flavor and half without the shell for convenience. Sautee it well till the lobster turns red.
- Half all the piennolo tomatoes and add them to the pan and stir-fry them with the lobsters. Cover the lid and cook the tomato sauce for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare the Broccolini by trimming the ends and blanching it in boiling water for 10 minutes. (You can do this in a mixing bowl, need not to cook the broccolini.)
To prepare the cauliflower rice, mix the cauliflower rice with the dried herbs and plate it on half side of the dish.
- When the lobster is cooked, taste the sauce and add salt if needed. Place the lobster on the other half side of the place with the sauce.
- Chop some fresh parsley and sprinkle it on top of the dish and garnish with the blanched broccolini. Serve hot!
As promised, this cauliflower recipe is definitely on the next level. Indulge yourself in delicious, fine and great nutritious food. Nourish and pamper your body with this recipe! If you ever get to recreate this, please share it with us on instagram @foodcraft_hk! We would LOVE to see how you plate your at home DIY healthy gourmet!