Glass Asazuke Pickle Maker
If you are new to pickling, this is the perfect tool in the kitchen if you want to start pickling your own vegetables. You don't even need to take them out of the pot - you can just bring this out to the table to serve! It's also very easy to clean.
How to Use:
Here's a recipe taken from Uncle Jerry's Kitchen to inspire your own pickling adventure :)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 or 2 dried chili peppers, left whole (Or 1 pepper chopped finely)
- 2-inch piece kombu, rinsed
- Slice cucumbers into thin rounds. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Gently toss cucumbers and salt together, massaging salt into the surface until well coated. Add sesame seeds and toss again until combined.
- Arrange cucumbers so they are mostly flat. Place kombu and peppers over the top.
- Using the glass pickling press, place the lid on and tighten until the cucumbers are gently pressed tot the bottom.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or better, overnight.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
We Also Recommend