Hojicha is a Japanese green tea originated from Kyoto, Japan. Unlike other traditional green teas, hojicha is first steamed and then roasted. This process will remove some of the bitterness and give a more earthy aroma to your drink. It also slightly changes the colour to a dark green-brownish appearance.
The rich and natural sweet flavor of hojicha is most apparent after it has cooled down from high temperatures. The best part is that it is very low in caffeine and can be drank anytime of the day. It makes the perfect alternative to coffee if you want to have a drink in the afternoon/evening.
It's super simple to make because it is in powder form and so it will easily dissolve in water! No need to steep for a long time like typical tea bags.
Benefits of Hojicha
- Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E which are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system
- High in antioxidants mainly Vitamin E and Epigallocatechin which helps lower risk of cancer by fighting hazardous free radicals
- Relieves stress- L-Theanine, along with Vitamin C in hojicha decreases the levels of cortisol produced as part of the body’s stress response
- Reduces cholesterol
- Keeps skin healthy and clear
How to Use
- You can mix it hot water and add some almond milk or mylk of choice to make a delicious hojicha latte
- It can also be blended into your smoothies
- Also delicious just mixed in water: 2~3% of powder to water ratio. So for 250ml of liquid, then 6-7g of powder is suitable.
100% Hojicha Tea Leaves
Product of Japan
HOME DELIVERY VS STORE PICK UP
Shipments over $700HKD is free of charge.
Any orders that do not meet the minimum will be 100HKD for home delivery.
'Pick-up' option is not displayed online. You can contact our Customer Service for possible arrangements.
Please send us a WhatsApp with your order number on +852 5539 0014 to let us know if you would like to collect your order from our store.
*Please make sure you order your items in advance (especially fresh kitchen products such as breads, yogurts, kefir, etc.) for our Team to ensure production. Fresh kitchen items are not available in-store, we bake-to-order and produce them fresh in the morning on delivery to ensure quality!
**Any orders that do not meet the minimum threshold will be charged 100HKD for door to door delivery**
As you are checking out, please select your date of delivery. If you do not select a delivery date (and automatically checkout through the systems) we will assume you want your products delivered as soon as possible and the earliest delivery route will be assigned to your order. As our products are baked fresh in the mornings, deliveries all take place in the afternoon.