Want to make some guilt-free soup noodles? Here's the perfect recipe for you! I LOVE Konjac noodles. They are always al dente and almost NO CARBS! So whenever I want a noodle fix but need to stay on a low-carb diet, konjac (or shirataki noodles) are my "to-go" items! They also don't need to be cooked so that the cooking time is a lot shorter.
Konjac noodles can be used as any kind of noodle replacement. (Here is a pasta recipe with Konjac!) In this recipe, I've used a Japanese Ankake glazed soup with a twist of Korean flavors.
Make sure to use the "Toasted" sesame oil for the robust flavors.
Korean chili powder has a strong red color to it but it is not as spicy as it looks. Great way to heat up the body and boost your metabolism along with the extra flavors :)
To my surprise, Kuzu powder is low in sugar and one Tablespoon has only 8 grams of net carbs (0 grams of sugar!) Making this recipe a perfect Vegan Keto meal.
Enjoy this quick, vegan and low carb dish :)
Vegan Keto Noodle - Ankake Style
(Will make one serving)
300 ml, Vegan Dashi (check here for recipe)
1 tsp., Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tsp., Tamari Soy Sauce
2 tsp., Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp., Korean Red Pepper Powder (gochugaru)
1 Tbsp., Kuzu Powder
1 Tbsp., Filtered Water
1 pack of Miracle Noodles
1/2 pack., Golden Mushroom, hopped finely
10 stalks., Crown Daisy, chopped finely
Tools that might be useful to make this recipe
Vita Craft Light Premium Red Saucepan 15cm
KAI Light Cutting Board with Stand - 300 x 180mm
KAI SHUN CLASSIC 6.5-IN. NAKIRI VEGETABLE KNIFE
- Open a pack of Miracle Noodles, drain the water and rinse well.
- Heat up the dashi broth in the small pot and add the chopped vegetables and salt.
- Bring it to a boil and add the Miracle Noodles. Turn down the flame to simmer the soup.
- In a small bowl, mix the Kuzu powder and water together and make a paste.
- While mixing the soup, slowly stir in the Kuzu paste and keep mixing the soup. The soup will look cloudy initially, keep heating and mixing till the soup becomes clear. The consistency of the soup will thicken.
- Take the pot off the flame and add the Tamari soy sauce. Mix it well. If you enjoy stronger flavors, adjust your noodle by adding more salt.
- Plate the noodle in a bowl and drizzle Toasted sesame oil on top with sprinkles of Korean Red Chili Pepper and serve HOT!
There you have it! Low carbs, Keto-friendly, gluten-free, low calories, GUILT-FREE noodles! By the way, it tastes absolutely delicious;)