Cauliflower Rice Keto Maki Roll (Vegan, Keto, Gluten Free)
Whenever I crave for a maki roll, this is what I will go for!
With our ready-to-eat cauliflower rice, this vegan maki roll for 2 can be made in 5 minutes.
It's not the same as a rice maki sushi, but I must say, this acts as a great sushi fix when you want to stay on a low carb diet.
The best part (aside from it tasting good!) is the feeling after eating. It's light and you can move on with your day with NO carb crashing.
The secret behind is using chia seeds as a "binder" and the added sauerkraut for a happy gut! The sauerkraut adds a sour flavour that mimics the rice vinegar in sushi! I personally like to use the Japanese flavour as it has added shiso in it.
Ok, let's get rollin'
Cauliflower Rice Keto Maki Roll
300g, Cauliflower Rice (1 pack)
1/3 cup, Living Sauerkraut Japanese Flavor
1 ripe Avocado, sliced
1 Tbsp., Chia Seeds
3 sheets of Nori
- Open the cauliflower rice and pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the sauerkraut and mix well.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds and mix well. Allow the chia seeds to soak up all the moisture from the cauliflower rice.
- Divide the cauliflower rice into 3 portions and spread 1/3 of the portion onto a nori sheet, leaving about 3 cm of the nori sheet without the filling. Place the sliced avocado near your end on top of the cauliflower.
- Roll up the maki as you would with normal rice maki. Seal the nori and cut into 6 parts.
- Repeat this with 2 more nori sheets, plate and serve!
There you have it, simple and healthy Keto Maki Roll. Not only is this a fun quick meal idea, it is also a great snack to start off a healthy mini party. Cannot wait to see you guys trying out this recipe. If you do, do not hesitate to share us your beautiful maki by tagging us on instagram @foodcraft_hk !