Coconut Flour is a unique ingredient to work with, every single brand will have a different consistency so if you are switching brands, use a small amount of it to check if your recipe is reaching the correct consistency. In this recipe, we have used the Coconut Tribe Organic Coconut Flour. It's a coconut flour made in Sri Lanka and has a pleasant coconut flavour.
Enjoy this cookie with a glass of Coconut milk!
For this recipe, you can also replace the walnuts with activated pecans too!
Cooking time: 10 min
Prep time: 10 min
Baking temperature :170°C
Yield: 18 pieces of 5cm cookies
|110g||Coconut Flour Sugar|
|60g||Extra Virgin Coconut Oil|
|8 drops||Vanilla Extract|
|1/4 tsp.||Baking Soda|
|1/4 tsp.||Himalayan Crystal Salt|
|70g||Vegan Chocolate Chips|
|50g||Chopped Sprouted Walnuts|
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line the baking pan with a silicon mat or baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the coconut flour sugar, coconut oil and the vanilla extract then add the 2 eggs and mix well.
3. Add the coconut flour and Himalayan Crystal Salt and mix well.
4. Add the baking soda, vegan chocolate chips and walnuts and when all combined well, use a small ice cream scoop (or just a spoon) and scoop the dough on the baking sheet and flatten the dough using your fingers. Allow 3cm between the cookies so that they don't stick to each other when baking.
5. Place the cookies into the oven and bake under 170°C for 10 minutes.
6. After baking, allow the cookies to cool off before moving them on to racks and serve!
7. They will be soft cookies to please store in the fridge or freezer.
Share this post