This Christmas, try and make this with your friends and family. It's easy but it will be nice to have company when you are decorating the pine cone scales as it can be a time-consuming process.
This recipe will make approximately 30 little pinecones and this is a great decoration that tastes good too.
The good news is that this is a vegan and paleo friendly recipe that is gluten-free and grain-free as well!
Enjoy the process and also the joy of giving this away! It will definitely be a great surprise:)
|70g||Coconut flour sugar|
|70g||Powdered Stevia (must be powdered)|
|2 Tbsp.||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp.||Groud golden flax seeds|
|16 drops||Vanilla extract|
|8 drops||Almond extract|
|around 200g||Sliced almonds|
Baking time: 10 min
(Makes around 30 mini pinecones)
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the ground golden flax seeds and water together and let is set till it reaches a gel consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flower sugar and powdered stevia well.
- Add all the wet ingredients including the flax meal mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well till it forms a paste.
- Take about one 1.5 table spoon size of the batter and make an oval ball to make the base of the pinecone.
- stick the sliced almonds to create the scales of the pine cone. It will look good if the scales are facing slightly in an upper angle.
- In an oven, bake the cookies for 10 minutes under 160C. Depending on your oven, make sure it doesn't burn the sliced almonds.
- let it cool off and decorate.
Share this post