Gluten Free Lemon Cookie (Paleo Friendly!)
Everyone loves snacks! We're going to introduce a recipe for making cookies with gluten-free almond flour. Almond flour is used here, albeit not popularly consumed, due to its nutritional values and ease to use. It has fine and powdery texture and sweet and nutty taste.
On top of that, it is high in protein and fibres; low in carbohydrates and sugars. Hence, it is ideal for those who need to monitor the glycemic index (GI) and weight.
|180 g||Coconut Butter|
|1/4 cup||Honey or Coconut Nectar|
|1||Egg (Preferably organic)|
|16 drops||Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract|
|160 g||Almond Flour|
|1/4 cup||Lemon Juice|
|Few drops||Lemon Extract or Lemon Zest (Organic lemon will be better!)|
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut butter, egg and honey or coconut nectar together. If the coconut butter is hard (this might happen at winter time, or if you've kept your coconut butter in a cool place), heat the coconut butter up in its jar so that it will become soft and easy to take out.
- Add the vanilla and lemon extract into the batter. Add the almond flour in small amounts and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix once again. The batter should be a little bit sticky.
- Round them into 12 cookies and place them onto a baking pan lined with a non-stick sheet.
- Bake at 150C for about 25-30 minutes according to your oven. The edges should get slightly brown.
- Cool the cookies off before removing from the baking pan. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 10 days.
Leave a comment