If you are a cheesecake lover, you will love this recipe as it's almost like a cheesecake in a cup. It is also a great recipe to make with children which only requires 4 or 5 ingredients and you can create a very healthy and delicious treat.
Instead of using cream of milk, the recipe calls for a thick and probiotic rich real Greek yoghurt.
This fermented goodness creates the cheesecake-likflavouror and has a body to the texture but not too rich which makes the pleasant aftertaste too.
I've created this recipe so that you can use exactly one tub of the 170g yogurt and no need to measure out the yogurt - easy!
My 4-year-old daughter loves to make this and it has become our new afternoon activity after school. We hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
(Makes approx 4-5 cups of puddings, 100ml each)
|50g||Coconut Flour Sugar|
|8 drops||Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 tablespoon||Coconut Nectar (Optional)|
- In a medium bowl, open the yogurt and mix the coconut sugar with the yogurt. Allow some time for the coconut sugar to completely melt into the mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and 3 eggs in and mix well.
- Use a strainer to sieve the liquid to create a smooth texture.
- Pour the mixture into the cups and place them into a pot with a lid. Pour hot water into the pot (not into the cups!) and allow it to simmer. Cover the lid and let the puddings steam for 15 minutes. Do not over heat as the pudding's texture will become rough.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the flame, take off the lid and let the puddings cool off. Once its cooled off, cover the cups and chill the puddings in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- You can pop the pudding out on a plate and serve with a dash of coconut nectar on the top of the pudding or you can simply dig in with a spoon. Enjoy!