Raw Creamy Cauliflower "Rice" Risotto with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Our sun-dried tomatoes are easy to store and simultaneously, they reserve the natural sweetness of fresh tomatoes without compromising nutrient contents. Try adding them to your daily recipe!
|150 g||Cashew Butter|
|2 tsp.||Onion Powder|
|1 tsp.||Garlic Powder|
|50 g||Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)|
1. Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to drizzle on top
2. Red pepper flakes (optional)
3. A bunch of Italian parsley
1. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes into small strips and soak them in filtered water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Mix the cashew butter, onion powder, garlic powder and the salt.
3. Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and place in a food processor with the cashew sauce. Together with the sauce, chop the cauliflower into a rice-like consistency and let it blend well. Add in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and pulse to mix.
4. Plate the 'risotto' in a bowl and drizzle the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, red pepper flakes and parsley leaves to decorate.
5. For storage, keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Sun-dried tomatoes: Antioxidants in sun-dried tomatoes protect our health by neutralizing free radicals and alleviating inflammation, which then prevents us from suffering from cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Cauliflower: Not only is it low in calories but also rich in Vitamin C, which is essential for the growth and repair of tissues all over the body, as well as collagen and skin formation. Besides, cauliflower also offers a good dose of potassium, fiber, folic acid, and a sulfur compound called isothiocyanate which protects our health and prevents diseases.