Cauliflower Rice Keto Maki Roll (Vegan, Keto, Gluten Free)
When I crave for a maki roll, this is what I go for!
With our ready-to-eat cauliflower rice, this vegan maki roll for 2 can be made in 5 minutes.
It's not the same as a rice maki sushi but I must say this is a great sushi fix when you want on stay on a low carb diet.
The best part (aside from it tasting good!) is the feeling after eating. Its light and you can move on with your day. No carb crashing.
The secret is the chia seeds that I use as a "binder" and the added sauerkraut for a happy gut and also happens to add to the sour flavor like the rice vinegar in sushi! I like the Japanese flavor as it has added shiso.
Ok, let's get rollin'
Cauliflower Rice Keto Maki Roll
300g, Cauliflower Rice (1 pack)
1/3 cup, Living Sauerkraut Japanese Flavor
1 ripe Avocado, sliced
1 Tbsp., Chia Seeds
3 sheets of Nori
- Open the cauliflower rice into a mixing bowl. Add the sauerkraut and mix well.
- Add the Tablespoon of chia seeds and mix well. Allow the chia seeds to soak the moisture from the cauliflower rice.
- Divide the rice into 3 portions and take 1/3 of the portion onto a nori sheet and spread the cauliflower rice, leaving about 3 cm of the nori sheet without the filling. Place the sliced avocadoes near your end.
- Roll up the maki as you would with normal rice maki. Seal the nori and cut into 6 parts.
- Repeat this with 2 more nori sheets, plate and serve!