Kombucha Kit with Premium Organic Tea
A new Kombucha Kit for advance brewers.
This kit comes with 3 premium organic teas from More Tea to brew and enjoy the different flavors from the teas.
This kit is suitable for people who love to enjoy the flavor of tea and can taste that in the Kombucha too. (It is a bit like wine tasting!)
For beginners, we also have a Kombucha Starter Kit.
HOW TO CONSUME/USE:
- This kit includes a step by step instructions of how to brew your Kombucha with this kit.
- Start with 4oz a day in the morning to see how your body reacts as fermented foods can upset some people's digestive systems.
- Once your body adapts, you can try drinking a full 8oz serving every day (in the morning with an empty stomach to best flourish your gut with healthy bacteria!)
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- 1 x Organic Assam Tea for Kombucha
- 1 x Organic Sencha for Kombucha
- 1 x Organic White PeonyTea for Kombucha
- 1 x Organic Kombucha S.C.O.B.Y.
- 1 x Brewing Instructions
- packed in a reusable bamboo gift basket
Is this a gift?
Let us write a card for you! (select the card you'd like to add to this kit)
HOW TO BREW YOUR KOMBUCHA
For your first brew, please follow these steps.
- Sterilize all your tools including the jars and bottles.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of the Organic tea ( you can use a single flavor or even blend it!) and brew the tea in 3.8L of water for 15-20 minutes in a pot. The tea should be very strong.
- Once the tea is ready, drain the leaves in a sieve and pour it into the large glass jar with the one cup of sugar. This should make a sweet tea.
- Let the sugary tea cool off in the jar for about 1-2 hours. The tea should be about 30-37°C depending on the room temperature. If still hot please cool the tea further more. The ideal temperature should be 'lukewarm'.
- Open the kombucha SCOBY into the large jar with the liquid and cover the jar with a paper towel and place a rubber band around the paper towel.
- Let the kombucha brew in a dark place in your room. Please avoid direct sunlight and places that the temperature will change such as near the oven or AC.
- After 7-10 days, your kombucha SCOBY should have sunken to the bottom of the jar and formed a daughter SCOBY floating at the surface of the tea. Your kombucha should be ready to taste. If you are happy with the flavor, go ahead to bottle the kombucha in a bottle and flavor it with fruits, herbs and spices. If the kombucha is too sweet let it ferment for another day or more. The longer you ferment the tarter it will become.
- The fermentation that happens in the bottle is called the second fermentation and this is where the drink becomes fizzy. (If the kombucha is tart, it will be harder to make this fizzy and you might have to add extra fruit juice or sugar to the bottle.)
- Let the bottle ferment in room temperature with the lid tightly closed for 5-7 days. When you open the bottle be careful as the kombucha might burst out.
- If you are happy with the flavor, chill the kombucha in the refrigerator and enjoy it cold! You can store your kombucha in the refrigerator for 1 month.
*If you find any molds, or not sure about the quality of your brew PLEASE DO NOT CONSUME. Drinking contaminated kombucha is toxic and harmful!
For any questions, feel free to contact us :)