Pasture Raised Organic Chicken Bone Broth - 450ml
Made with high quality pasture raised chicken bones and cooked over 24 hours in a slow cooker to extract all the benefits.
Not all bone broths are made the same. If you use low quality ingredients you are extracting and taking in the "low quality".
At Foodcraft we are mostly plant based and focus on the highest quality of animal products as much as possible.
Because, animals are at the top of the food chain and they can have concentrated levels of toxin if not grown the right way. The issue with many organic or free range poultry farming is there is no natural land habitat for chickens to be a chicken. And if they do, 99% of them still use the fast growing industrial breed which no longer is suitable for natural habitats.
Why Bone Broth?
Bone broth is made by simmering the bones and connective tissue of animals. This highly nutritious stock is commonly used in soups, sauces, and gravies. It has also recently gained popularity as a health drink.
For thousands of years, various types of bone broths were used in different cultures to nourish and heal. There may not be scientific evidence to back how these remedies but there must be a good reason why these recipes have been passed down.
Bone broth claims that are known for its nutrients that may help with:
- Better digestion and gut health from the support of the released glutamine regulating the gut bacteria.
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving joint health from the collagen
- May support weight loss
- Improving the quality of sleep from the glycine released
Why do bone broths help us heal?
It has to do with the healing composites like collagen, glutamine, and glycine that are released during the cooking process.
We also need to remember that when the bone, marrow, and connective tissues are boiled down, essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and silicon are released into the broth which we can assimilate better than just chewing a bone!
How to use?
- Open the jar and heat up in a pot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and sip on it!
- Add more ingredients to it and make a hearty meal soup or stew.
- Make gravy sauces.
- Use as a flavor base for cooking grains and legumes such as risotto, quinoa, beans to boost the nutrition and flavor.
- Add a bit to your stir fried vegetables to add flavor and nutrients.
Ingredients: Filtered Water, Pasture Raised Chicken Carcass*, Apple Cider Vinegar*, Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper*, Bay Leaf* (*Organic)
Country of Origin of the Chicken: New Zealand
Learn more and join our bone broth class: Bone Broth Cooking - Gut Healing Cooking Series by Shima