Sourdough Baking - Level 2
*Class Cancellation Policy applies, please refer to the bottom of page
WHAT IS SOURDOUGH BREAD?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients - flour + water + salt and then time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
Sourdough bread is healthy, gentle to the digestive system, and delicious; and the crumb-like texture gives a satisfying feeling in your palette. In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make sourdough pizza and focaccia bread step by step and all the techniques required. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted sourdough pizza and focaccia and an extra dough to practice your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to bake with a whole grain sourdough starter
- How to make a sourdough pizza with sprouted spelt sourdough starter. (There is a vegan option for the toppings - Please let us know your preference)
- How to make a sourdough focaccia bread
- How to refresh and feed your sourdough starter
- Understands how sourdough behaves at each stage of bread making so you know how to manage the fermentation and baking process
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE HOME?
- Your first sourdough bread
- A jar of organic sprouted spelt sourdough mother starter
- The essential knowledge you need to bake your own homemade artisan sourdough bread.
- A dough to practice to bake at home
WHAT TO BRING?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
We will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation or changes(eg. rescheduling) is 7 days prior to the scheduled date of the event. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 7 days prior to the class for any refund to be processed.
*The policy applies to sign-ups within the 7-day period before the scheduled event