Miso Bomb - Coconut Curry Soup
What's Beneficial about Miso?
To a certain extent, you may think that miso is a food that has been 'pre-digested'. This is because the fungus Aspergillus and other microorganisms used in the fermentation process help metabolise proteins, carbohydrates and fats in chickpeas and transform them into smaller molecules that can be more easily absorbed and digested. Also, sometimes you can also find Lactobacillus (a lactic acid bacteria) which is essential in maintaining the normal flora in your gut and prevent intestinal infection.
What's more, miso is known to contain phytonutrient antioxidants and it is also found to be related to the fermentation process. Some studies discovered that when the fermentation is longer, the level of certain antioxidants also rises. Since our miso is not made with soy, so you can make the soup and consume it in a carefree way - it will not induce food allergy. Now, try to make a coconut curry miso bomb! ;)
Yield: 4 Miso Bombs
|Coconut Milk Powder
|Desiccated Coconuts (Coat the balls)
- Mix all ingredients except the desiccated coconuts in a bowl.
- Divide the paste in 4 and make a ball shape with your hands.
- Roll the miso balls in a bowl with desiccated coconuts to coat the balls.
- Wrap them up or keep them in an airtight box to store. Keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- Place the miso bomb in a soup bowl and add 150ml hot water then mix well. Your instant miso soup will be ready in seconds!
- This is a healthy way to have your nutritious soup to add to your meals or have as a snack in office.