This is an ultimate high fat low sugar snack for those who are watching their sugar intake or on Paleo or GAPS diet. (If you are not so concerned about your sugar intake, you can add 50g of coconut flour sugar to this recipe.)
The amazing part of this cookie is that eventually, you will start to enjoy the subtle sweetness from the nuts and seeds that are brought out by the salt sprinkled on top of this nutty cookie.
Sugar intake is a vicious cycle. The more you are exposed to sugar, the more you will crave it. The more you strip off sugar from your diet the less you will 'need' sugar in your life.
If you are trying to go low on sugar, give this cookie a try and kick start your low carb & low sugar diet.
When freshly baked, this cookie will have a shortbread-like light texture but the second day it will start to soften and become a bit chewy.
This cookie will taste better after completely cooled.
|4 Tbsp.||Coconut flour|
|90g||Sprouted almond butter|
Organic grass-fed Ghee
|1/4 tsp.||Baking powder|
|~1 tsp.||Himalayan crystal salt|
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Chop the walnuts in the food processor fitted with the 'S' blade and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the cashews, desiccated coconuts and coconut flour in the food processor and blend till it reaches a course flour texture.
- Add the almond butter, Ghee, 2 eggs and and baking powder to the food processor and blend well till all is homogenized.
- Add back the walnuts and pulse to blend in the walnuts.
- Take the cookie batter with a Tablespoon and pat it on to the baking pan with your hands and press down with a fork to add a pattern.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on top and bake for 20 minutes under 150°C.
- Let the cookies cool before serving. Keep in an airtight container for up to one month.
Share this post