Makes 12 Brownie Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup juicy Mejdool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces (at least 60% cacao)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups coconut sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Making the Date Paste Double check the dates have no pits before putting them in a blender with the water and blend until smooth.
3. The Brownie Mix Take the cup of dark chocolate and break it up into pieces. Put into a bowl and heat in the microwave for a few minutes until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to let it burn.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil (make sure it’s in its liquid form. If necessary, heat in the microwave for a few seconds), the date paste, vanilla extract and melted chocolate and mix well.
5. In another bowl, mix the coconut sugar, gluten-free flour, xanthan gum and baking powder together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
6. Combine the chocolate mixture with the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
7. Baking the Brownies Spoon the brownie mixture into 12 paper cupcake/muffin holders. If you have a stainless steel muffin tin for 12 muffins, it is best to place each cupcake holder in the tin as the shape will hold best this way. If not, just put the cupcake holders on a regular baking tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Let the brownies cool down before serving.